- Concrete Countertop Home
- Concrete Countertop Pictures
- How Concrete Countertops are Made
- DIY Concrete Countertops: DIY or hire a pro?
- Pricing of Concrete Countertops
- Concrete Countertop FAQs: Will they crack, stain, etc?
- Design Options
- Concrete Countertop Design Ideas: Edge details, inserts, backsplashes and more
- What Colors are Available / How to Get Samples
- Thickness & Weight of Concrete Countertops
- Concrete Countertop Design Ideas by Room
- Other Resources
- Find a Countertop Manufacturer/Designer
- Concrete Contractors: Find Countertop Products and Suppliers
- Design Ideas: Concrete Countertop Info
Island base is only 2 or 3 inches thick. For the interior form, workers used Styrofoam that was also supported by wooden cribbing. The concrete mix Karmody was used. The black color was integrally mixed into the concrete and concrete was placed in 4 discrete pours, although placement was never stopped so that the entire base is a monopour. Reinforcement, positioned as the concrete was being placed, was wire mesh and fiberglass.
Read about how this countertop was created.
Concrete Contractor See contractor photos & info in your area Search by city/state or postal code