Working with concrete companies in Dallas, TX
From the grounds of the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden to the Dallas Museum of Art, there are many beautiful spaces in Dallas and the surrounding areas. It’s no wonder that in a city with such appreciation for art, architecture, and outdoor spaces, decorative concrete continues to rise in popularity in commercial and residential spaces. Residents and business owners have discovered that concrete doesn’t have to be gray and dull. It can have color, texture, and reflect personality. And it can be indoors, too!
Why decorative concrete is great for outdoors, indoor floors, countertops, and more
Decorative concrete is superior to most other materials and lasts years after installation. For example, wood can succumb to fungi, termites, or water damage, while concrete lasts a very long time as long as it’s properly sited, sealed, and maintained. While pavers can get knocked out of place and create trip hazards, concrete stays in place. Unlike carpet, concrete floors don’t attract dust mites or other allergens. The list goes on and on. On top of all of its durable benefits, decorative concrete can be designed in a multitude of ways, with a variety of colors, patterns, and textures to choose from.
What is the difference between having a concrete overlay installed and having new concrete poured?
If you have an existing concrete surface, many contractors can apply a decorative concrete coating (overlay) right on top of it. This is also called resurfacing. Resurfacing can be done even if the surface has cracks, flaking, spalling, or other damage, as long as the surface is viable. If you do not have an existing surface, you’ll need to have new concrete poured.
Where to find decorative concrete contractors in Dallas who do quality work
Whether you’re looking for concrete companies in Dallas who do concrete repairs, pour brand new concrete patios or concrete driveways, resurface concrete steps, or perform any other concrete services, Concrete Network’s directory will lead you in the right direction. We highly recommend looking through our directory of qualified contractors serving the Dallas area, browsing pictures to see some of their work, calling them directly to discuss your project, requesting a quote, and comparing reviews available online.
These are the top concrete services in the Dallas area:
- Concrete patios
- Concrete pool decks
- Concrete driveways
- Concrete walkways
- Stained concrete
- Indoor concrete floors
- Stamped concrete
- Concrete maintenance
- Concrete slabs & foundations
- Polished concrete
- Concrete countertops
- Concrete resurfacing
- Concrete pouring
- Pervious concrete
- Concrete repair
Choosing a decorative concrete contractor in the Dallas area
One great thing about working with local contractors is that they’re familiar with the area, so they’re in tune with ways the weather can impact projects. They also know how often outdoor surfaces need to be resealed for best results. Choosing a contractor in the Dallas area is one step toward ensuring a job well done. We suggest contacting a few contractors to find the best fit for your project.
Here are some things to look into before contacting a contractor:
- Check their rating on the Better Business Bureau’s website
- Look at photos of previous projects
- Check reviews on various sites
Before meeting with a decorative concrete contractor:
- Determine whether you want an overlay or newly poured concrete.
- Have a general idea of what type of design you want (gather images online so you can share those with the contractor to make sure the design you want is possible).
- Figure out your budget so you and the contractor are on the same page and there aren’t any surprises.
- Decide whether you have a particular date you want the project completed by. (If you have a deadline, you’ll need to make sure it is feasible for the contractor.)
Questions to ask potential contractors:
- Can I see a portfolio of work?
- How many years of experience do you have in the Dallas area?
- Have you done this particular type of work before?
- How long does it generally take to complete this type of construction project?
- What updates will I get as the project is completed?
- Do you see any potential concerns with this job site?
Dallas, Forney, Grand Prairie, McKinney, Plano, Richardson, Rockwall and surrounding areas.
See more contractors near you:
Fort Worth Concrete Contractors
Get More Information: Read more about Decorative Concrete on The Concrete Network. You’ll also find concrete photo galleries for decorative applications such as stamped concrete, acid etch staining, concrete floors, countertops, patios, and polished concrete. Research decorative concrete treatments like sealing, coloring, maintenance, and more.