- Outdoor Living and Backyard Ideas Home
- Elements of an outdoor area
- Design tips for outdoor living spaces
- Top trends in outdoor concrete design
- Outdoor room checklist (PDF)
- Fire Pit or Fireplace?
- Ways to Enhance Outdoor Rooms
- Outdoor fireplaces
- Fire pits
- Outdoor kitchens and countertops
- Seat walls
- Outdoor Concrete Furniture
- Concrete planters
- Backyard Landscaping with Concrete
- Concrete patios
- Landscape borders
- Stairs and steps
- Concrete walkways
- Concrete garden bridges
- Water features
- Architectural accents
- Concrete statuary
- Backyard Landscaping: Get more ideas from LandscapingNetwork.com
- Backyard Recreation Options
- Concrete pool decks: Design and layout tips
- Concrete tennis courts: Planning and construction
- Other Resources
- Outdoor Decorative Floors
- Free Outdoor Living Catalog
Outdoor Living and Backyard IdeasUse concrete to enhance your backyard and outdoor living spaces
Traditionally, the favorite hangouts in the home have been the kitchen and family room. But today, the backyard is taking over as the favorite gathering space for cooking, entertaining and relaxation. More homeowners are bringing all the comforts of their indoor rooms to the outside by creating multipurpose outdoor living spaces that function as inviting extensions of their home.
Thanks to its versatility and ability to withstand all types of weather, decorative concrete is expanding the possibilities of outdoor living. Concrete can be used to build nearly every structural element of an outdoor room, including patios and pool decks, countertops and sinks, pizza ovens and fireplaces, built-in seating, architectural accents and water features. What's more, decorative concrete permits homeowners to match the colors, textures and styles of the elements inside their homes and create seamless visual transitions.
Check out these ideas for using concrete to design and build an outdoor room that enhances the beauty and usability of your home and brings style to your outdoor entertaining.