- Concrete Patio Info
- Concrete Patio Pictures
- Patio Placement and Layout Tips
- Patio Sizes and Dimensions
- Choosing Patio Surfaces and Materials
- Patio Designs and Ideas
- Concrete Patio Sealer
- Stamped Concrete and Other Popular Patio Finishes
- Stamped Concrete Patterns
- Resurfacing Concrete Patios
- Exposed Aggregate
- Advantages of Concrete Patios
- Concrete Patio Cost
- Benefits of a Concrete Patio: The top reasons to install a concrete patio
- Maintenance is a Breeze
- Other Resources
- Review our Comprehensive Section on Stamped Concrete
- Concrete Contractors: Find Products and Supplies in Your Area
- Design Ideas: Concrete Patio Info
How to Create Destinations with Focal Points in the Backyard
To maximize the use of any backyard space, the goal is to create destinations in the garden and connect them with welcoming pathways. Use focal points, seat walls, fountains, ponds, arbors, fireplaces, fire pits, and fragrant plantings to create interest at different locations and draw guests out into the yard space.
Learn about how to add seating in an outdoor room, seat wall construction tips, design considerations, and more.
Learn how you can add a dramatic yet economical focal point with artificial rocks and water feature construction.
Learn about the design criteria for outdoor fireplaces, types of fireplaces, placement, and seating considerations.
Learn about the basic fire pit designs, construction techniques, and how to incorporate them into your yard.
Learn how to design with concrete to create appealing outdoor kitchen retreats.
Learn how to cmplement your natural surroundings with a concrete bench, table or stool.
Learn about what makes precast concrete perfect for producing decorative columns, balustrades, arches and more.
Return to Concrete Patio Ideas & Placement Tips