- Concrete Patio Info
- Concrete Patio Pictures
- Patio Placement and Layout Tips
- Patio Sizes and Dimensions
- Choosing Patio Surfaces and Materials
- Patio Designs and Ideas
- Stamped Concrete and Other Popular Patio Finishes
- Stamped Concrete Patterns
- Resurfacing Concrete Patios
- Exposed Aggregate
- Advantages of Concrete Patios
- Concrete Patio Cost
- Benefits of a Concrete Patio: The top reasons to install a concrete patio
- Maintenance is a Breeze
- Other Resources
- Review our Comprehensive Section on Stamped Concrete
- Concrete Contractors: Find Products and Supplies in Your Area
- Design Ideas: Concrete Patio Info
Concrete Patio Maintenance Is a Breeze
Cleaning and sealing stamped and colored concrete should be done on a regular basis just like any other home maintenance. The frequency will depend on how high a traffic area to cars, foot traffic, water, and any chemicals the concrete is exposed to.
Distinctive Concrete of New England in Rowley, MA
Distinctive Concrete of New England recommends resealing every 2 or 3 years. If you wait longer, you may notice the color fade slightly. But just like waxing a car, reseal your stamped concrete and the color will be as vibrant as the day it was installed.
Distinctive Concrete offers the following maintenance plan:
1.Rinse dirt/debris off stamped concrete surface with a garden hose or pressure washer.
2. Apply a small amount of liquid dish soap to surface and scrub with a push broom.
3. Rinse well with a garden hose or pressure washer until there is no sign of soapsuds.
4. DRY surface completely by using a leaf blower or by waiting 24 hours to air dry.
DO NOT APPLY SEALER TO A DAMP/WET SURFACE.
5. Once the surface is completely dry, apply the sealer as follows:
- Stir in one jar of Anti-Skid material to a 5-gallon pail of sealer.
- APPLY SEALER USING A 1" NAP ROLLER ONLY. ANTI SKID MATERIAL WILL NOT TRANSFER THROUGH A SPRAYER. Apply sealer in approximately 2' x 4' sections. This will ensure full coverage without missed spots. Keep stirring sealer while applying to keep the Anti-Skid suspended in the sealer.
- Sealer should be applied when air temperature is above 55 F. Best results will be obtained by applying sealer during cooler temperatures -- fall and spring -- or before 10 am and after 4 pm in summer months when surface temperatures should be under 90 F.
6. A second coat can be applied after the first coat is tack free (not sticky to your touch).
7. Your stamped concrete should be resealed every 2-3 years to protect your investment. One 5-gallon pail of sealer will cover approximately 1,000 sq.ft.
Return to Concrete Patios