- Concrete Patio Info
- Concrete Patio Pictures
- Patio Placement and Layout Tips
- Patio Sizes and Dimensions
- Concrete Patio Finishes
- Patio Designs and Ideas
- Concrete Patio Sealer
- Stamped Concrete and Other Popular Patio Finishes
- Stamped Concrete Patterns
- Resurfacing Concrete Patios
- Exposed Aggregate
- Advantages of Concrete Patios
- Concrete Patio Cost
- Maintenance is a Breeze
- Other Resources
- Review our Comprehensive Section on Stamped Concrete
- Concrete Contractors: Find Products and Supplies in Your Area
- Design Ideas: Concrete Patio Info
Concrete Scrabble Board Out on the PatioFrom Sunset.com
For all the Scrabble fanatics out there, here's a creative use of concrete that could take your game to a whole new level. Sacramento architect Kristy McAuliffe created a 5-foot Scrabble board using poured concrete.
Using a wood frame, the concrete was poured and scored into 3 ¾-inch squares separated by ¼-inch joints. After curing, the squares were then colored using water-based concrete stains.
To create the letter tiles, adhesive-backed vinyl letters and numbers were applied to 3 ¼-inch cut baseboard trim and then sealed with spray lacquer. Metal trays designed by McAuliffe's friend, metal artist Crystal Weber, hold the letters during game-time.
Read more about this creative garden game at Sunset.com.