- Concrete Maitenance Home
- Cleaning and Sealing Exterior Concrete: A Guide to Maintaining and Caring for Exterior Decorative Concrete of All Types
- Sealing Plain Concrete
- Sealing Colored Concrete
- Sealing Exposed Aggregate Concrete
- Sealing Joints
- Tips for Cleaning Exterior Concrete
- How to Maintain Concrete Floors
- Six Common Questions about Concrete Floor Sealers
- Protecting Acid-Stained Floors
- Watch Videos on Maintaining and Sealing Concrete Floors, with Bob Harris
- How to Maintain Concrete Countertops
- Countertop Sealer Overview: Which Sealer is Best For Your Countertop?
- Related Information:
- Concrete Sealer Information
- Comparison Chart of Concrete Sealers
- Advice on Choosing and Applying Concrete Sealers, from Technical Expert Chris Sullivan
Plain Concrete Maintenance (With Broomed or Textured Finish)
Routine MaintenanceKeep the surface free of debris by sweeping it with a broom or leaf blower or rinsing with a garden hose. To remove stubborn dirt, such as tire marks, leaf stains and grease spots, follow these general cleaning recommendations.
Although water alone can remove dirt from concrete, cleaning chemicals followed by power washing and scrubbing may be needed to remove tough stains. Here are tips for:
Special Care RequirementsConcrete pavements exposed to heavy vehicle traffic and weather extremes are particularly vulnerable to premature wear and deterioration. Periodic sealing is the best way to protect your concrete from moisture penetration, freeze-thaw conditions, deicing chemicals and abrasion (see An Introduction to Sealers).
Also follow this advice for:
Learn more about this pavement type:Textured Concrete Finishes