- Stamped Concrete Home
- Stamped Concrete Pictures
- Stamped Concrete Patterns: Create the look of stone, brick, and other popular designs
- Color Chart: Coloring options for imprinted concrete
- Stamped Concrete Design Ideas
- Stamped Concrete Applications
- Stamped Patios
- Stamped Driveways
- Stamped Pool Decks
- Stamped Concrete Walkways
- Price and Performance
- Stamped Concrete Costs
- Stamped Concrete Installation Process
- How to Clean Stamped Concrete
- Compare Stamped Concrete: The advantages of stamped concrete versus pavers, asphalt and stone
- Stamped Concrete vs. Pavers
- Related Information
- Stamped Concrete Overlays
- Concrete Products: Concrete Stamps
- Design Ideas: Stamped Concrete Info
Concrete Pavement Features Multi-Colored Stamped ArchesCurved concrete, decorative sawcuts, and a combination of colors and stamp patterns make this apartment complex pavement a real standout
To build a 20,000-square-foot concrete fire lane for the upscale Srour Apartment Complex in Rockville, Md., owned by Archstone, a leading apartment operations company. The job required placing both regular concrete and 12,000 square feet of decorative stamped concrete, all to be completed within a tight 36-day construction schedule. The project also required placing a decorative stamped concrete walkway encircling a water feature in the interior courtyard of the complex.
Surrounding the exterior of the building, the concrete pavement was intended to be the showpiece of the property. To reflect the name of the building owner, the work involved building 5 stamped arches into the fire lane, connected by regular concrete enhanced by decorative sawcuts. The stamped arches required the use of two different colors and stamp patterns to create a spoke pattern.
Secrets to Success
- The moonlight gray concrete for the spokes was stamped with a 12-inch brick soldier course. "In order to stamp a straight soldier course on a radius, we fabricated a rolling device that gave us a rolling stamp. This worked great," says Hryniewicz.
- To achieve an antiquing effect, the bands were finished with a liquid release agent colored with powdered release. A light coat of sealer was applied to "lock in" the color before the next placement.
- After stripping the forms, the crew protected the gray concrete bands with plastic and then placed the fields of palomino-colored concrete. These fields were also finished with liquid release colored with powdered release. Everything was then sealed with a solvent-based acrylic sealer.
Custom integral color, LaFarge
Stamps for arched areas: London cobblestone, Stampcrete; brick soldier course, Scofield
Random stone stamp for front walkway, Proline Concrete Tools
Colored release agents, Increte Systems
First place winner of a 2010 Decorative Concrete Award from the Decorative Concrete Council
Category: Cast-in-place stamped concrete, over 1500 square feet
Decorative Concrete Contractor
Annapolis, MD 21402