Find a Contractor
- Outdoor Kitchens and Concrete Countertops
- Outdoor Kitchen Pictures
- Choosing the Right Place
- Outdoor Kitchen Configuration and Sizing
- Industry Standard Heights for Concrete Countertops
- Outdoor Living: Planning and design tips for outdoor rooms
- Design Ideas for Outdoor Kitchens and Countertops
- How to Design a Trendy Outdoor Kitchen
- How to Embed Glass in Concrete Countertops
- Fiber-Optic Concrete Countertops
- Comparison Chart: Cast-in-place countertops vs. granite or tile
- Outdoor Kitchen Flooring Options
- Outdoor Kitchen Flooring Considerations
- Concrete Patios
- Stamped Concrete
- Related Information
- Concrete Contractors: Find Products and Suppliers
Industry Standard Heights to Consider in Your Outdoor Kitchen Design
- Countertop standard height is 36" tall. At times it is necessary to raise heights to 38"to accommodate a fridge. Comfortable range for most is 36-38". Always design your counters lower than the distance of your client's bent elbow to the ground.
- Bar serve counter height varies from 42"-46" tall. If you plan to use bar stools, select them ahead of time and let the height of the seat dictate your final bar counter height.
- Bar stools are typically 28" tall, but there is much variance depending on styling and manufacturer.
- Cantilever a minimum of 10 inches to allow room for knees on any type of counter.
- Tabletop height standard is 30 inches tall.
Return to Outdoor Kitchens