- Concrete Floor Information
- Concrete Floor Pictures
- Common Questions about Concrete Floors: Are they cold? Are they loud? Are they expensive?
- Popular Flooring Types: Kitchen floors, garage floors, basement floors and more
- Interior Floor Finishes: A comparison of finishing options available
- Concrete Floor Cost
- Concrete Floor Installation
- How to Clean Concrete Floors
- Concrete Floor Design Ideas: Get inspiration from floor installations across the country
- Concrete Floor Applications
- Staining Concrete Floors
- Painted Concrete Floors
- Stenciling Concrete Floors
- Polishing Concrete Floors
- Self-Leveling Concrete Overlays
- Related Information
- Concrete Products:
Concrete Stains | Concrete Overlays
- Design Ideas: Concrete Floor Info
Design Ideas for Modern Concrete FloorsEnhance your home or business with these modern concrete floor finishes
Modern concrete floors extend throughout the dining room and kitchen of this contemporary home. LA Concrete Works in West Hills, CA
Concrete floors are ideal for modern homes and businesses because they give a clean, sleek, industrial look that complements contemporary décor. Modern living is often characterized by neutral color schemes, angular shapes, and the use of modern materials such as steel and glass.
- Smooth, polished flooring surfaces.
- High-gloss finishes that reflect overhead and exterior lighting.
- Neutral color schemes, ranging from light to charcoal gray.
- The use of metallic coatings to add dimension and impart an industrial vibe.
Download this style palette to discover how concrete with geometrical patterns and subtle colors can be used indoors to achieve a modern look.
Modern Style Guide (PDF)
MODERN FLOOR DESIGN IDEAS
- Leave the concrete in its natural state, and simply coat it with a high-gloss concrete floor sealer to add a slight sheen.
- Stain or color the concrete a dark gray to add drama to modern design schemes.
- Polish the concrete with special grinding tools to give it a sleek, mirror-like finish that accents rather than competes with other design elements.
- Enhance the floor with a metallic epoxy coating, which imparts shine and produces rich color-changing effects.
- Create a modern op-art art look by applying geometrical patterns to the floor, such as large hexagons or other angular shapes.
- Add subtle interest to modern polished concrete floors by lightly exposing the aggregate.
WHERE TO USE MODERN CONCRETE FLOORING
Concrete floors aren't just for shopping malls and trendy restaurants. They are also a popular choice for the following rooms of private homes:
- Living rooms
- Dining rooms
- Laundry areas
See these modern concrete floor projects:
Get More Information: Read more about Concrete Floors. You’ll find the concrete interior floor photo gallery, options for concrete interior floors including acid staining, polishing, texturing, scoring, sawcutting and borders, overlays, radiant floor systems, interior floor maintenance, and other resources.