- Concrete Driveways Info
- Concrete Driveway Pictures
- Exposed Aggregate
- Stamped Concrete Driveways
- Stained Concrete Driveways
- Driveway Standards and Planning Tips
- Concrete Driveway Projects: Submitted by driveway contractors across the U.S.
- Concrete Driveway FAQs
- Common Questions about Concrete Driveways
- Concrete Driveway Cost
- Installing and Maintaining Concrete Driveways
- Concrete Driveway Construction Basics
- Concrete Driveway Maintenance
- Concrete Driveway Repair
- Driveway Sealer for Concrete
- Going Green with Concrete Driveways
- Related Information
- Design Ideas: Concrete Driveway Info
- Concrete Contractors: Find Concrete Products and Suppliers
Cost of a Concrete DrivewayAn Overview of Concrete Driveway Costs and Basic Price Ranges
A plain gray concrete driveway costs between $3 and $7 per square foot, while the cost of a decorative concrete driveway can range from $8 to more than $18 per square foot depending upon the design and coloring effects desired. Longer-lasting, less maintenance, and cost-effective are the top three attributes of driveways installed with decorative concrete. They are an ideal choice for getting the look of natural stone, patterns, or pavers without the cost associated with those authentic materials.
Plus, with concrete driveways, you have the added luxury of having a long-lasting surface that is durable and wear-resistant in the harshest environments, along with little required maintenance. In addition, the design options and customization choices are nearly endless providing you with a palette of opportunity to create a one-of-a-kind driveway that can greatly enhance your home's curb appeal.
Basic: $8 to $12 per square foot
An economical upgrade compared to plain, gray concrete, you can enhance your concrete driveway for a reasonable cost. Basic installations usually include:
- One coloring method (integral or surface-applied)
- Textured concrete finish
- Exposed aggregate
- Basic stencil
- Basic border
Mid-Range: $12 to $18 per square foot
More elaborate decorative effects allow you to incorporate contrasts and color and pattern.
- Use of two or more colors or patterns
- Use of two or three colors and contrasting border
- Scored and stained concrete
Progressive - $18 and up per square foot
The ultimate in decorative concrete surfaces, customized driveways exude creativity and design. They are extremely eye-catching and can include:
- Borders, sawcut designs, and hand-applied chemical stain accents
- Multiple scoring patterns and stain colors
- Advanced stenciling with hand-applied accents
*Note: Costs shown vary by market depending upon the size of the project and the prices for materials and labor.