- Concrete Polishing Equipment
- Get the Look - Polished Concrete Pictures
- How to Polish Concrete: Learn the basics and get a step-by-step overview
- Polished Concrete Preparation: How to clean, repair, and evaluate before polishing
- Wet vs. Dry Concrete Polishing: What's the difference?
- Concrete Polishing vs. Resurfacing
- Reviews of Concrete Polishing Equipment How to clean, repair, and evaluate the condition of concrete floors before polishing
- Tips on Using Polishing and Grinding Equipment
- Tips for Choosing Edge Grinders
- Selecting Dust-Collection Equipment
- Diamond Tooling: Tips for choosing the right type of diamond tooling and equipment
- Concrete Densifiers: An introduction to chemical hardeners and how they work to improve polished concrete
- Buying Tips for Polishing Equipment: Before you invest in a grinder, be sure to listen, learn and ask the right questions
Propane Powerhouse Out-Polishes Bigger MachinesBy Anne Balogh, ConcreteNetwork.com columnist
The WerkMaster Propane Titan dispels the myth that bigger is better when it comes to prepping and polishing concrete floors. Equipped with a powerful 21-hp motor, the compact 21-inch concrete grinding and surface prep machine outperforms many larger planetary grinders, powering through glue, mastic, rubber, epoxy, spalled concrete, and almost any other surface material you encounter. It can also polish concrete floors to a mirror-like finish while working as close as 1/8 inch to wall edges.
The compact 21-inch WerkMaster Titan grinding and surface prep machine can power through glue, mastic, rubber, epoxy, spalled concrete, and almost any other surface material you encounter.
The Ultra-Flex Plug ‘N Go tooling system flattens floors while removing birdbaths, lips and joint spalls.
The Titan's adjustable throttle lets you dial in speeds from 1,000 to 2,100 rpm for optimum performance and productivity no matter how hard the concrete or tenacious the coating. But what really sets the Titan apart from other floor grinders is the Ultra-Flex Plug ‘N Go system with indexing, which allows you not only to flatten a floor, but also follow a wavy floor with the same tool. The machine will remove birdbaths or dips up to ¾ inch deep and grind and polish around drains. It will also smooth out lippage, expansion joint spalls and large cracks. Another plus: You don't need to add heavy weights to increase grinding pressure. Simply adjust the pressure by adding or removing Plug ‘N Go tooling segments.
The Titan also features WerkMaster's Blue Sky Technology, which exceeds OSHA standards for safe low-emission indoor operation. The system reduces carbon monoxide emissions by up to 98% over conventional propane-powered systems by continually adjusting the fuel flow and emissions to compensate for rpm, altitude, humidity, and fuel quality.
For more information and to view a video of the Titan in action, visit www.werkmaster.com.