- Polished Concrete Information
- Polished Concrete Pictures
- What is Polished Concrete
- Polished Concrete Cost
- Design Ideas for Polished Concrete
- Polished Concrete Maintenance
- Common Questions about Polished Concrete
- Can All Concrete be Polished?
- Comparison Chart: Polished concrete versus other flooring materials
- What are Polished Overlays?
- Polishing Products and Equipment: An overview of basic equipment and supplies needed
- Related Information
- Information About: Concrete Floors
- Concrete Contractors: Find Concrete Polishing Products and Suppliers
- Design Ideas: Polished Concrete Info
Concrete Polishing Equipment
'Acid Staining Growing Up' - A Contractor's Perspective on the Rising Popularity of Polished ConcreteBy Khara Dizmon, ConcreteNetwork.com Managing Editor
For seven years, Ridgely Currence, founder/president of Surface Design Solutions, has been installing decorative concrete along the East Coast. With offices now in Atlanta, New Jersey and Connecticut, Currence is able to service just about anything east of the Mississippi.
Currently he says he's seeing an increased demand for polished concrete floors. He describes polished concrete as 'acid staining growing up.' "Polishing is so durable, so green and low maintenance," he says, "more and more people are recognizing its benefits." Currence has polished hundreds of thousands of square feet of concrete, and one establishment where he seems to be doing a lot of work is on gym floors. Here are a few samples of the various types of surfaces he has created with polished concrete.
Surface Design Solutions