- Concrete Floor Information
- Concrete Floor Pictures
- Common Questions about Concrete Floors: Are they cold? Are they loud? Are they expensive?
- Popular Flooring Types: Kitchen floors, garage floors, basement floors and more
- Interior Floor Finishes: A comparison of finishing options available
- Concrete Floor Cost
- Concrete Floor Installation
- How to Clean Concrete Floors
- Concrete Floor Design Ideas: Get inspiration from floor installations across the country
- Concrete Floor Applications
- Staining Concrete Floors
- Painted Concrete Floors
- Stenciling Concrete Floors
- Polishing Concrete Floors
- Self-Leveling Concrete Overlays
- Related Information
- Concrete Products:
Concrete Stains | Concrete Overlays
- Design Ideas: Concrete Floor Info
Concrete Restaurant Floors Offer Customization & DurabilityLearn why concrete provides the necessary surface for design and durability for restaurant floors
Concrete restaurant floors are popular at both national chains and small, locally-owned places. Currently, polished concrete and epoxy flooring are the most common choices at food service establishments such as cafeterias, cafes, diners, coffe shops, bakeries, breweries and more.
Whether you are opening a new restaurant or remodeling an existing one, concrete offers a wide array of flooring options that will complement your design theme. You can enhance the existing concrete, or start fresh by resurfacing with an overlay. Decorative concrete flooring is well suited for front of house applications including waiting areas, dining rooms and bars. While concrete floor coatings are ideal for use in commercial kitchens that require high performance flooring solutions.
Request estimates for concrete flooring from contractors near me.
RESTAURANT CONCRETE FLOOR FINISHES
Getting a custom look to a restaurant floor is the biggest factor. Color-matching, custom logos, creative patterns, way-finding design, and textures are what draw restaurant owners to choose concrete for their final surface. There are a variety of custom options that can be applied to concrete restaurant floors. Check out this list of ways to enhance concrete floors.
Get to the Facts:
A restaurant floor needs to meet strict standards. Get information about each of these benefits of concrete floors:
WHAT MAKES A GOOD RESTAURANT FLOOR?
A restaurant floor has a lot of standards to meet:
- It must be durable to withstand the wear and tear of foot traffic and food carts.
- It must be easy to clean and able to repel spills, grease, etc.
- It must be slip-resistant to avoid injuries to staff or clientele.
- And last but not least, it must be designed (colored, textured, or patterned) to complement the theme of the restaurant.
Few materials exist in the market that can live up to these standards. Of the ones that do, namely ceramic tile, laminate, vinyl, or rubber flooring, one element remains neglected—a custom design. Restaurant floors may need to be industrial strength, but they do not need to be industrial-looking.
Using concrete meets all restaurant floor expectations, plus it can be designed to fit any budget. Often already existing as the subbase of the restaurant, concrete is extremely durable. With the right application of a sealer, it requires little maintenance, and is simple to keep clean. It can also provide slip-resistance with additives or creative texturing.
RESTAURANT FLOOR PROJECTS
Browse these examples of beautiful and creative concrete floors at restaurants across the country. From bold animal print designs to subtle drama, anything is possible with concrete.