- Foundation Repair Home
- Cost: What are the variables?
- Will my insurance cover foundation damage?
- Methods of Repair
- Piering: Fixing your home's issues
- Slabjacking: What is slabjacking?
- Related Information:
- Concrete repair: Repair methods and troubleshooting basics
- Read more about foundation information on FoundationRepairNetwork.com
- Houston Foundation Issues: Answers to common questions about foundation problems in Houston
Foundation Repair CostHow much does foundation repair cost?
It is difficult to provide an average cost for foundation repair because there are so many variables. Costs have been reported as low as $250 and as high as $100,000. Your cost will be dependent on your particular situation. Factors that impact cost include how accessible the sunken portion of the foundation is, the cause of foundation failure and the method of repair.
Piering Cost -
Foundation Repair Cost Breakdown:
- $300-$1,500 to hire a structural engineer
- $500-$3,000 for soil reports from a geotechnical engineer
- $75-$150 for a building permit
- $3,000-$4,000 for seismic work (if you live in an earthquake area)
- $1,000-$2,500 for hidden obstacles (tree roots, old repairs, deep footings)
- $1,340 per pier (repairs for an average size home require 8 to 10 piers)
Costs vary depending on your location. If the cost of foundation repair seems high at first, keep in mind that your home is a big investment. In the end, the cost will be worth it because your property will be safe and marketable.
Slabjacking Cost - $150 per drill hole, or 33% of the cost to replace the concrete slab. Most slabjacking companies offer free estimates, contact one to get a more accurate price for your project.
Will my homeowners insurance cover foundation repair?
If your foundation problem was caused by accidental flooding of water from household plumbing, you may have coverage. Read your policy or contact your provider.
Return to Foundation Repair