Find Products & Manufacturers
Find Integral Colors
- Integral Color Home
- Buying Tips for Integral Color
- Deciding Between Dry or Liquid Integral Color
- Integral Color vs. Color Hardener for Stamped Concrete
- Tips for Getting the Best Results
- Common Integral Color Issues: Troubleshooting Tips from Expert Chris Sullivan
- Tips for Achieving Consistent Color
- Integral Coloring Products
- Integral Pigment Color Matching: from BlueConcrete
- Related Information:
- Comparison Chart of Concrete Coloring Products
- Product Newsletter Sign Up Today to Receive Monthly Updates
Tips for Achieving Consistent Color
- Don't rely on the color charts or cards provided by the color supplier to precisely represent what the final results will be on your project. These color samples generally show what can be expected when using a "generic" mix made with a medium-gray shade of cement. The only way to verify the final color for your project is to perform a trial placement with the actual mix you'll be using. Most color suppliers will provide samples of their products so you can conduct preconstruction trials. Be sure to prepare a sample for each color and mix design you plan to use.
- Keep the mix design consistent for every batch of concrete used on the job, including cement type and brand, aggregates, and water-cement ratio. If using supplemental admixtures or cement substitutes, make sure they are added to all the batches of concrete on the project.
- Inconsistencies in finishing practices, timing of operations, choice of release agents, and curing and sealing methods can also result in slight color variations. Keep things status quo throughout the project.
- Whether you're using an integral color or a dry-shake color hardener, note the specific color used, amount, and the name of the manufacturer. This will permit you to duplicate the same color effects on a different project, assuming you stick with the same mix design and placement methods.
Davis Color – Integral Color Project Article & Photos
Solomon Integral color Dry and liquid pigments for coloring concrete
Butterfield Integral Color In Repulpable Bags - Toss the Bag Into the Mixer