- Concrete Pool Deck Info
- Pool Deck Pictures
- Layout of the Pool Deck
- What Kind of Materials Should I Use For My Deck?
- Pool Deck Design Ideas
- Stamped Concrete and Other Popular Pool Deck Surfaces
- Stamped Concrete
- Colored Concrete
- Pool Deck Pavers
- Exposed Aggregate
- More Pool Deck Surfaces
- Compare Concrete Pool Decks
- Installing and Maintaining Concrete Pool Decks
- Pool Deck Cost
- Pool Deck Construction Fundamentals
- Pool Coping
- Sealing and Protecting Pool Decks
- Pool Deck Safety
- Resurface Existing Concrete with Pool Deck Coatings
- Other Resources
- Concrete Contractors: Find Concrete Products and Suppliers
- Design Ideas: Pool Deck Info
Exposed Aggregate Pool Decks
Exposing the aggregate in concrete allows you to achieve spectacular effects at a reasonable cost because few additional materials-other than the decorative aggregate-are required. The pebble-like finish is especially well-suited for pool deck surfaces because it's highly slip resistant. For more dramatic results, you can enhance or complement the colors and textures of the decorative aggregate by using stones in contrasting colors or by combining areas of smooth and exposed aggregate finishes.
The concrete-based mix incorporates differently shaped and colored pebbles and stones, which rise to the surface once the concrete is applied. Adding 1/8-inch polished stones instead of using raw stone in the mix results in a more comfortable walking area. Once the material hardens, it can be further buffed, resulting in a richly colored surface.
See Exposed Aggregate Concrete for more information.
More About Exposed Aggregate Concrete
Return to Concrete Pool Decks