- Concrete Basements Home
- Can you have a basement? Water tables and soil conditions
- Types of basements: Masonry, poured concrete basements, precast panel basements
- Basement construction checklist
- Hiring a Contractor
- Choosing a poured concrete basement contractor: Questions to ask, professional associations
- Preventing Moisture Problems
- Waterproofing or dampproofing basements: Which to do
- Foundation drainage and waterproofing: How to keep below-grade spaces dry
- Keeping Moisture Out: Building healthier homes from the basement up
- Enhancing & Repairing Existing Basements
- Finished Basements: Tips for expanding your living quarters by designing a functional basement layout and making your space dry and comfortable
- Enhancing Basement Floors: Seven reasons why you should enhance rather than cover up concrete basement floors
- Repairing Bowed Basement Walls: A carbon-fiber-reinforced grid system permanently stabilizes bowed foundation walls with minimal disruption and no excavation
Building a Concrete BasementLearn how to maximize the value of your home by installing a concrete basement and how to hire a reputable contractor.
Putting a concrete basement into your brand new home is one of the best investments you can make. Basements provide inexpensive space for a variety of purposes, from a family room or entertainment center to an office or extra bedroom. Below is a list of information that will meet all your basement construction needs.
For all aspects of concrete basement construction, design and repair, you'll find a wealth of knowledge within these links. Concrete is the most popular material used to construct basements. It is also becoming the preferred option for finished flooring of basements because of its resistance to moisture and many design options.
If you're searching for answers to fix leaks in your basement, stabilize walls, or fill cracks, this section can point to you to specific information with numerous articles, expert tips, photos, and more.