- Exposed Aggregate Home
- What is Exposed Aggregate and Where is it Used?
- Advantages of Exposed Aggregate Finishes
- How to Expose the Aggregate
- Choosing the Right Decorative Aggregate
- Choosing Decorative Aggregate
- Adding the Aggregate to the Concrete
- Design Ideas for Exposed Aggregate Finishes
- Achieving Special Effects
- Exposed Aggregate Pool Decks
- Exposed Aggregate Driveways
- Combining Decorative Elements with Exposed Aggregate
- Ideas for Enhancing Exposed Aggregate Concrete
- Protecting and Maintaining Exposed Aggregate
- Exposed Aggregate Sealers
- Exposed Aggregate Maintenance
- Related Information:
- Aggregates in Ready-Mix Concrete
- Review our Comprehensive Sections on Concrete, Patios, Pool Decks and Driveways
- New Concrete Aggregate Glows in the Dark
Exposed Aggregate Reveals the True Beauty of ConcreteAchieve spectacular effects at a minimal cost with the many types and sizes of decorative aggregate available
Exposed aggregate concrete can almost be compared to a piece of granite or marble transformed by polishing: A plain, unremarkable surface has been stripped away to reveal the exceptional beauty lying beneath. In the case of concrete, that beauty is in the form of decorative aggregate, either natural or manufactured.
The decorative process of exposing aggregate has been around since the early 1900s, well before pattern stamping, stenciling, and decorative overlays became trendy. But this method is far from being ready for retirement. An exposed aggregate finish offers numerous advantages. And many of today's contractors are finding creative ways to take exposed aggregate to a new level.