- Exposed Aggregate Home
- Advantages of Exposed Aggregate Finishes
- How to Expose the Aggregate
- Choosing the Right Decorative Aggregate
- Choosing Decorative Aggregate
- Adding the Aggregate to the Concrete
- Design Ideas for Exposed Aggregate Finishes
- Achieving Special Effects
- Exposed Aggregate Pool Decks
- Combining Decorative Elements with Exposed Aggregate
- Ideas for Enhancing Exposed Aggregate Concrete
- Protecting and Maintaining Exposed Aggregate
- Exposed Aggregate Sealers
Advantages of Exposed Aggregate Finishes
Easy to maintain and naturally skid-resistant, exposed aggregate is an ideal decorative treatment for concrete driveways. Portland Cement Association
With an exposed aggregate finish, you can achieve spectacular effects at a reasonable cost because few additional materials (other than the decorative aggregate) and tools (beyond basic finishing tools) are required. Here are some other notable advantages of exposed aggregate finishes:
- The basic procedures are simple enough for experienced finishers to master easily.
- The surface is rugged, nonskid, and resistant to heavy traffic and weather extremes.
- Many types and sizes of decorative aggregate are available to achieve unlimited color and texture variations.
- Exposed aggregate is highly versatile and contrasts beautifully with plain concrete or other decorative treatments such as stamping, stenciling, staining, and integral coloring.
- Little maintenance is required, other than sealing and occasional cleaning.