Advantages of Exposed Aggregate Finishes
|Video: Exposed Aggregate Concrete
Learn about the variety of finishes that can be achieved using exposed aggregate. — Length: 01:15
With an exposed aggregate finish, you can achieve spectacular effects at a reasonable cost because few additional materials (other than the decorative aggregate) and tools (beyond basic finishing tools) are required. Here are some other notable advantages of exposed aggregate finishes:
- The basic procedures are simple enough for experienced finishers to master easily.
- The surface is rugged, nonskid, and resistant to heavy traffic and weather extremes.
- Many types and sizes of decorative aggregate are available to achieve unlimited color and texture variations.
- Exposed aggregate is highly versatile and contrasts beautifully with plain concrete or other decorative treatments such as stamping, stenciling, staining, and integral coloring.
- Little maintenance is required, other than sealing and occasional cleaning.
Find a Contractor for your Patio, Pool Deck or Driveway
Return to Exposed Aggregate