- Concrete Countertop Mixes Home
- Countertop Product Reviews
- Countertop Supplies: Forms, sealers, tools & more
- Related Information
- Understanding concrete countertops: Pricing, colors, edge details, and more
- Glossary of concrete countertop terms
- Going green with concrete countertops
- Concrete countertops photo gallery
- Outrageous concrete countertop projects
Cast in place job with curing blankets taped in place. Concrete Countertop Institute in Raleigh, NC.
If you plan to cast the countertop in place rather than precast the countertop in a shop, proper curing is essential because it's more difficult to control environmental conditions. Curing covers or blankets will help to keep the concrete moist so it cures slowly and evenly.
Buying tip: Look for a material that won't stain the concrete and is reusable to save costs. Girard recommends HydraCure M5 blankets from PNA Construction Technologies. The reusable nonwoven fabric is inorganic so it won't mildew or stick to the concrete surface, and it can be used in indoor environments.
Next: Provisions for Transport
Previous: Concrete Vibrators
Return to Concrete Countertop Buyer's Guide