- Concrete Homes Home
- Concrete Homes Pictures
- Do Concrete Homes Cost More?
- What are the Main Types of Insulating Concrete Forming Systems?
- How Do ICFs Work?
- Where are ICF Homes Being Built?
- Benefits of Concrete Homes
- Seven Benefits of Living in an ICF Home
- Why Building with Concrete is Good for the Environment
- Energy Efficient Mortgages and Tax Credits
- Building a Concrete Home
- How to Get Started
- Design Options for ICF Homes
- Free Concrete Home Plans Online
- Resources for Homeowners and Builders
- Safety Advantages
- Concrete Homes Defy Violent Storms
- Concrete Home Stands Up to a Tornado
- Building Concrete Safe Rooms
- Related Information
- ICF Homeowner Testimonial
- Famous Concrete Homes: Thomas Edison and Frank Lloyd Wright
- Concrete Architect: Richard Neutra's Biorealism begets green design
- Going Green with Concrete: An Overview of Concrete's Eco-Friendly Benefits
- Other Resources
- Concrete Contractors: Find Concrete Form Products and Suppliers
Concrete Homes Defy Violent Storms
Building a Safe Room Inside Your House
"Taking Shelter From The Storm"- What is a tornado? What is a hurricane? Do you need a shelter? How is a shelter built? Review what is inside - (PDF) this Federal Emergency Management Document prepared with the help of the Texas Tech Wind Engineering Center. Then download the sections of the document or the entire document if you choose.
To duplicate hurricane-like conditions in the laboratory, researchers at Texas Tech Wind Engineering shot wall sections with 15-pound 2 x 4 lumber "missiles" at up to 100 mph, simulating debris carried in a 250 mph wind.