- Concrete Homes Home
- Concrete Homes Pictures
- Do Concrete Homes Cost More?
- How to Get Started
- Optimizing the Energy Efficiency of an ICF Home
- Design Ideas for Concrete Homes
- Related Information
- Building Concrete Safe Rooms
- Going Green with Concrete: An Overview of Concrete's Eco-Friendly Benefits
- Other Resources
- Concrete Contractors: Find Concrete Form Products and Suppliers
Decorative Concrete Designs for Coastal Homes
Sullivan Concrete Textures in Costa Mesa, CA
QC Construction Products
Embed beachcombing treasures or other unique items such as these blue glass pieces into the surface of a concrete countertop. Concrete Countertop Institute
Stamped concrete patterns, such as slate or flagstone,provide natural-looking texture for seascape walkways.Distinctive Concrete of New England.
An outdoor firepit can bring the benefits of a beachfront bonfire to the comfort of your backyard. BoulderCrete in Port Coquitlam, BC
Characteristics of a Coastal Style HomeTypically an airy, open house plan with large panoramic windows and outdoor living spaces oriented to take advantage of spectacular beach views. Some coastal homes may be elevated above the ground on concrete or wood posts as protection from flooding. Exterior materials are selected to withstand the elements, particularly salt air and high winds.
Concrete Design IdeasConcrete floors and countertops are ideally suited for coastal lifestyles, with their simple elegance, low maintenance requirements and excellent durability.
- Use colors that complement a beach setting, such as ocean blue and sandy beige.
- Personal touches might include countertops embedded with seashells and other beachcombing treasures.
- On the exterior, embellish outdoor living spaces with concrete rockscapes, stamped concrete flatwork in patterns such as slate or flagstone, and a concrete fire pit.
For More Information
Fire Pits: Stone and Concrete: Sizes, shapes, layout and construction tips for concrete firepits
Outdoor Living Rooms: Ideas, photos and design options for creating outdoor rooms