- Stamped Concrete Home
- Stamped Concrete Pictures
- Popular Patterns: Stamping concrete to create the look of stone, tile, and other popular designs
- Color Chart: Coloring options for imprinted concrete
- Stamped Concrete FAQs
- Stamped Concrete Design Ideas
- Stamped Concrete Applications
- Stamped Patios
- Stamped Driveways
- Stamped Pool Decks
- Price and Performance
- Stamped Concrete Costs
- Stamped Concrete Installation Process
- Stamped Concrete Maintenance
- Compare Stamped Concrete: The advantages of stamped concrete versus pavers, asphalt and stone
- Related Information
- Concrete Products: Concrete Stamps
- Design Ideas: Stamped Concrete Info
Stamped Concrete CostCost of Stamped Concrete and Stamped Concrete Patio Cost
The initial cost to install stamped concrete can vary widely, depending on the prices for materials and labor in your local market and the complexity of the job. But in general, you'll pay about $8 to $12 per square foot for basic stamped concrete (using just one pattern and color) to $18 or more per square foot for more elaborate multi-pattern designs with special coloring effects, such as hand-applied stain accents.
While the stamped concrete cost may exceed that for asphalt or plain concrete, it is competitive with or sometimes even lower than the cost of installing natural stone and brick or precast pavers. The main reason is the labor component-some installers find it more economical to pour concrete and apply a pattern than to haul and place individual paving units by hand.
$8-12 per square foot
BASIC: For a basic stamped concrete installation with one pattern and one color, you can expect to pay between $8 and $12 per square foot. If you have a large area you want paved, picking a basic design is often a great way to keep costs at a reasonable level.
$12-18 per square foot
MID-RANGE: There are many ways you can customize stamped concrete without breaking the bank. For example, borders can be added to your patio or driveway in a contrasting pattern and color. Depending on the upgrades you pick, expect to pay between $12 and $18 per square foot for a mid-range design.
$18+ per square foot
HIGH-END: If you want to go all out and get top-of-the line stamped concrete that is incredibly realistic you should plan to spend $18 and up per square foot. This type of high end design may include multiple patterns and colors, specialty scored patterns and hand-coloring that resembles the natural variations in stone.
And keep in mind that your initial outlay for a stamped concrete project is only part of the total cost equation. Don't forget to consider these important factors
- Longevity and upkeep. Concrete generally lasts longer and requires less maintenance than most other paving materials, which can add up to big savings over the pavement's lifetime.
- Increase in resale value. Decorative stamped concrete adds curb appeal and aesthetic value to your home, allowing you to maximize the return on your investment.
If you're on a tight budget, you can still achieve impressive results by mixing stamped concrete with fields of less-expensive plain concrete, such as installing a driveway with only a border of stamped concrete. Or do the work in stages, maybe tackling the front driveway and walkway one year followed by your backyard patio or pool deck a year or two later. Your patience will be rewarded!