- Retaining wall home
- Four common types of concrete retaining walls
- How to Design Concrete Retaining Walls
- General retaining wall design
- Building codes for retaining walls
- How to determine lateral earth pressure
- Determining concrete retaining wall proportions
- Provisions for joints in concrete walls
- Backfill drainage of retaining walls
- The importance of groundwork and compaction
- How to Install Concrete Retaining Walls
- Retaining Wall Cost
- Decorative Face Options for Retaining Walls
- Decorative poured walls: Reproduce the look of stone or masonry
- Vertical concrete overlays
- Form liners for cast-in-place vertical concrete
- Related Information:
- Landscape Retaining Walls: Information and design ideas for residential retaining walls from LandscapingNetwork.com
- Board Formed Concrete
Groundwork and Compaction: Important Issues
This poured concrete retaining wall section talked about the walls themselves, their design and some important construction considerations.
It did not talk about groundwork or compaction, since these are entire topics on their own right.
Designers and builders of any kind of retaining wall should be familiar with and follow the procedures and methods for soil preparation and backfill compaction methods dictated by the appropriate local building codes.