- Concrete Maitenance Home
- Cleaning and Sealing Exterior Concrete: A Guide to Maintaining and Caring for Exterior Decorative Concrete of All Types
- Sealing Plain Concrete
- Sealing Colored Concrete
- Sealing Exposed Aggregate Concrete
- Sealing Joints
- Tips for Cleaning Exterior Concrete
- How to Maintain Concrete Floors
- Six Common Questions about Concrete Floor Sealers
- Protecting Acid-Stained Floors
- Watch Videos on Maintaining and Sealing Concrete Floors, with Bob Harris
- Tips for Cleaning Concrete Floors
- How to Maintain Concrete Countertops
- Countertop Sealer Overview: Which Sealer is Best For Your Countertop?
- Related Information:
- Comparison Chart of Concrete Sealers
- Advice on Choosing and Applying Concrete Sealers, from Technical Expert Chris Sullivan
- Buyer's Guide to Concrete Sealers
Maintaining Exposed Aggregate Concrete
Routine MaintenanceAn exposed aggregate surface is rugged, nonskid and resistant to heavy traffic and weather extremes. Little maintenance is required, other than occasional cleaning (see procedures for plain concrete) and resealing.
Special Care RequirementsApplying a transparent concrete sealer to an exposed aggregate surface can improve both its performance and appearance by helping to protect against spalling, dusting, efflorescence, freeze-thaw damage, stains, deicing salts and abrasion. A sealer will also enhance the color of the aggregate, accentuating its depth and richness (see Sealing and Protecting Exposed Aggregate Finishes). Apply sealer to a clean surface free of dirt and contaminants using a brush, short-nap roller or airless sprayer.